Vintage-Style Sweetheart Card

T.G.I.F - Oh how I love making the vintage-style cards. It is so fun to find and place all the little embellishments. These vintage images use butterflies often, and they are one of my favorites. Great colors and just love what they represent - change.

So I put this card together last night. It is a card that I can use for many occasion, birthday, anniversary, even a wedding card, I would think. Not traditional, but I think it would still work. Just an overall great Sweetheart card.

So here it is:


I don't usually go with the big floral embellishments, because they are so hard to fit into an envelope. But I figured this could be a card you could hand to someone or use with a special gift. 


I am so pleased with it, I may try to make another. If I do, I will certainly share.
Well I hope you have a great day and a great weekend!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. A stunning mixed media creation.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I can't thank you enough for your kind comments and for signing up on my blog as a Follower. I go through the blogs of my Followers to see their newest works of art and when I saw this card, I knew I had to follow you. I love collage work but have so much trouble with it. I'm hoping to get some tips and tricks from looking at your cards. You're so talented at it and these roses are beautiful on this card. To solve the problem with the "fluffy-ness" of a card that doesn't fit in an envelope, my blog has a link on the right side to where I buy my 1" deep boxes for cards that are fancy and need to be mailed. The cards themselves are a wonderful gift but then enclosing a little gift card, or a package of rhinestones or something else, gives the person opening the package a real package to open. :) I love your blog and have gone through the past few cards you've made. I love your style!! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the floral arrangements and my design team card was a bit of a stretch for me, but I love the results.
    That said, your card is gorgeous. Your "extras" are not over the top. We at Simply Create Too thank you for playing along with our challenge no. 64, The Sentiment is Your Highlight and hope you'll join us again soon.
    Erica (Simply Create Too DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, love how it will suit many occasions.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the layout and the sentiment is perfect. I love the pop of colour from the roses and butterfly, Stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center this fortnight, Mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Monica: Your card is perfect [and beautiful] for our Challenge #64 - "Your Sentiment is the Highlight". Thank you for entering our challenge.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vintage style is indeed - addictive. Beautiful card with fab colors.
    Thanks for joining us here at A Vintage Journey

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card - the colours work so well, and all the embellishing looks great. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card. Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love the colours and your flowers :) Thanks for joining our June Challenge over at Craft for the Craic :)
    Eithne

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...