Halloween Grunge Tags

I love Tim Holtz, and I know I am not alone. I have been following his blog and his creations since I started making cards. But I could never seem to get my tags to look as good as his, or even close. Well, I have been practicing, with some of the purchases I have made recently. I have been stocking up on stamps, ink pads, embellishments and tools to help me in my card making obsession. I watched several of his videos for inspiration and took the leap. Here is what I came up with:

I used tea die Distressing Ink on both of my tags to make the tags look aged. I used 3 stamps and a quick kutz die for the pumpkin:
Vintage Scarecrow

  • Black diamond stamp is from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous
  • Inkadinkado for background words
  • Scarecrow stamp - Not sure where I got that, have had it for a while.
I used heavy duty card stock for the Tag as well as the pumpkin. Distressed the tag with tea dye Distressing Ink. The pumpkin I glued together with tacky glue and then sprayed it with acrylic spray. This hardens the embellishment and gives it a glossy look. Then I sprayed the finished tag with 2 layers of acrylic spray. I don't think many people do that, but I like how it shines and how the finished product feels. I finished the tag off with raffia.

Vintage Pumpkin
I used Tea dye and Fired brick distressing ink on this tag to make an orange vintage look. I used several stamps on this tag:

  • Ticket boarder and Bingo numbers are from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous
  • Bats, spiders and pumpkins are from Inkadinkado
I sprayed the middle pumpkin and purple ticket with acrylic spray attached them as embellishments and completed it with an acrylic spray finish and raffia.

I am very proud of these and it just goes to show, you never know what you can do until you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...