Family Numbers - A Vintage Journey

Our life is surrounded by numbers isn't it? Well, this was the theme this week over at A Vintage Journey. I decided to work with my favorite number, which is 5. The Number 5 represented the number of family member I had growing up and it is also my favorite number.


These card collages are so fun to make, I jump at the opportunity any time that I get. I happen to have the stamped family image from Stampers Anonymous "The Journey." This is one of Tim Holtz older collections. I just love the way it looks on glossy card stock that has been inked up using alcohol inks.


From there I got out my rub-ons, stamps, stickers ephemera and started layering.  What is great about collage cards is there really is not right or wrong. You just keep layering until you get the exact look that you want. I knew that I wanted my image to be my focal point, so I worked around that to ensure not to cover it.


Since the number 5 was an additional theme, I made sure that I used it several times. You can see it here with a sticker I used from idea-ology Salvage Stickers - Lost and Found collection as well as on the Idea-ology Bingo game piece with the number 55.



I Finished it off with with a word band "Authentic." When I matted it onto my 5"x7" card stock, I had some extra space on the top and bottom, so I added some washi tape that fit the theme. The background paper is from BazzillBasicsPaper called Heritage. It is one of my favorites and was a great find over at Tuesday Morning.

Thanks for stopping by!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:






9 comments:

  1. What a great idea - lovely old fashioned feel to this.

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the vintage feel of this card!

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ~Hugs~
    Chelsey
    Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så flott kort du har lagd.
    Tusen takk for at du deltar hos Card and Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you for participating Card Mania Challenge. Good luck:)

    Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail. Love the colours and embellishments. All the elements work so well together . Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge. Neva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, love the vintage theme. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely superb! I love that all the elements tie in together because you've thought them out and layered them up so well. And I see why you love the family group image so much. You've done it proud! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous collaged card Monica with a great stamped image. Thanks for linking it to A Vintage Journey.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...