Altered Art Featurette - Part II

Hi everyone, I am back today to share with you my second creation for the Altered Art Featurette this month.


Like last week, I will be sharing with you a canvas, but you will see that this time I have not used any ephemera, instead I created this canvas using paints, texture paste and various embellishments.


I started out with a white canvas and painted a layer of Gesso onto it. The Gesso helps created a smooth surface for the paste and paint that will be applied.


I used texture paste with two of my stencils and added color to the canvas. From there I added two pieces of lace and some washi tape. 


The flowers and leaves were last years left overs from Michaels. They had glitter and added great texture and sparkles to the canvas. I added the lamp post to add to the overall vintage decor along with with vintage buttons. The Buttons and lace worked very well together. 


The image I used is called Vintage Stocking and the sentiment is Stockings were hung.


The Believe sentiment was added using a mini clothes pin and finished off the canvas.

So as you can see, while you may be working on a canvas, there are so many different techniques that can help you create one of a kind art.  

I hope you enjoyed this weeks project. Be sure to check back in next week where I will be sharing with you my final project for this featurette. 

For more fun and inspiration you an follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitter & Pinterest.

Many of the products and items I use are listed under my Products Tab and can be found by clicking  HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...