Expresso Christmas Tree


I had some time this weekend to try out a new technique that I saw on You Tube! It was actually performed on a canvas, but of course as a crafter, I modified it to meet my needs.

I really liked this technique because now I have use for all my little scraps of paper. I will just put them in a baggy and they will be ready when I am ready. Let me show you what I did.


  • Tear up between 10 - 15 pieces of paper (depending on size)
  • Rip all 4 sides of each paper
  • Distress all 4 sides using Walnut Stain Distressing ink
  • Glue down each piece overlapping to cover 4.25" x 5.5" card stock
  • Using your finger, spread Gel Medium (found with Gesso products)
  • Cut edges with Fancy scissors and distress sides using Walnut Stain
  • Using walnut stain distressing ink, stencil an ATC 3.5" x 2.5"
  • Distress sides of card 
  • Adhere tim holtz washi tissue and Harlequin tape
  • Stamp ATC with Coffee Christmas Tree using StazOn Midi - Cactus Green
  • Stamp Postale image using StazOn Midi - Ganache
  • adhere Christmas Vintage Christmas Tickets from VectoriaDesigns
  • Tie twine around bottom of card
  • Add Start to top of tree
  • Adhere to Base of white cardstock
Now it seams like a lot of steps, but it really is not. Most of the time will come from tearing up the paper and distressing the sides, but if you do this along the way, and save your scraps, you will find that you can put a card like this together in no time. 

The Gel Medium really brings out the distressed ink and makes the background look line a continuous pattern, so don't skimp or skip this step. It really does make the card.

Good luck!
For more fun and inspiration you an follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitter & Pinterest.


Vintage Christmas Tickets


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...