What is Positivity?

I recently came across a card challenge blog called the Path of Positivity. What a great title, it intrigued me to read more. Upon reading the introduction page, I thought to myself, this is a challenge I want to participate in. The sentence that moved me was in the 4th paragraph "...a different sort of challenge blog designed to inspire, nurture and provide support for the soul by creating a positive path to follow, one project or post at a time."

Wow! I thought to myself, this is a place I want to be. So I started thinking to myself. What is Positivity?
so I "Googled" it, (I do that a lot):  

pos·i·tive


: thinking about the good qualities of someone or something : thinking that a good result will happen : hopeful or optimistic
When you look at the definition, it talks about a frame of mind..thinking about... It doesn't cost money, you don't have to have strong muscles, you just have to have a certain attitude about things. I believe that a positive attitude is contagious, but so is negativity. I choose to be positive. It creates for a much happier life, home and relationship with friends and family. And after-all, isn't that what life is all about? There is a quote by Gandi, that pretty much sums it up:

Mahatma Gandhi
“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
The theme over at Path of Positivity Challenge is "Joy". They are offering a freebie if you need a little inspiration. I had this JOY stamp tucked away. I dug it out and created this card:

If you have been following my blog, you know that I like black and white cards, they are simple, but classic. 
Here is what I did:
  • Card base Black 5" x 5"
  • stripped and polka dot paper from stash
  • Die cuts from Spellbinders: Lacey Circles & Scalloped Circles
  • Black ribbon
  • Gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:











22 comments:

  1. So pleased you found POP. Loving your elegant black and white creation.
    This is perfect for our JOY challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent. Good luck with the challenge. Hugs Desíre {Path of Pisitivity DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent - I am glad that PoP has inspired you so much :-) That is a gorgeous card - I LUV B/W and non trad Christmas colours. Wonderful :-)
    Thank you for plating along at The Path of Positivity JOY Challenge :-)

    IKE xx
    PoP DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card! great color! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just love your card, the backing papers and the image, really striking, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love these colours. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific card! Love the color combination. Thanks for sharing it with us at MIM.

    Hugs
    Rocio -DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, Monica. This is simply lovely. Technically, I suppose I should sign out as me and back in as PoP, but it is a lazy Sunday afternoon. As you stated, positivity and negativity alike are both contagious. So, if that is the case, it is a much better world to live in where the attitude we spread is a positive one! Your card speaks to the clean and simple, yet it is so elegant. Pretty papers, a sweet image, complementary framing and a beautiful ribbon all come together to create a beautiful card.

    Thank you so much for joining this month on the Path of Positivity. I'm so glad that you found my challenge and I hope that I will see more of your beautiful creations in the future.

    I also hope that the joy of the holiday season follows you throughout the rest of the year.

    Lisa D., Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Monica! LOVE LOVE LOVE your post, the definition of positive, and the fabulous quote from Ghandi! Amazing men have brought amazing "truth" to the world, one positive action at a time, haven't they? I can see the ripples of your positive words lapping upon distant shores, unseen by those in the beginning, but enjoyed by those on the other side.

    Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Love its clean elegance, and pretty layers.

    hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful, so classic, and I loved reading about positivity. Not enough of that now a days.
    Thanks for sharing with us at SEM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card! I love what you have done with the black and white and the Joy message just pops out. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a blessed week! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty and awesome job with that bow! Thanks for sharing with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done! Really wonderful card. Thanks for joining at Christmas Inspirations challenges. The correct link for our challenge is http://natalduranteoanotodo.blogspot.com.br/2013/11/desafio-052013-preto-e-branco-black.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at SEM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card! Thanks so much for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! I love the simplicity of the black and white, so elegant! Thanks for playing with us at SEM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your black and white card and its design. I especially like what you wrote about Joy and maintaining positivity in your life. We are definitely in sync!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Monica, both your card and your post are very beautiful and powerful in their Positivity. I'm enjoying both so much. Positivity is very contagious and through challenges like Pop the message can be spread in a wonderful way ...to beat the negativity in the world today. You've certainly spread joy to my heart through both your card and words. Thank you. Best wishes Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ingrid, I am so glad you found my site. Thanks for visiting and I hope I see you back again soon.

      Delete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...