I have a childhood friend that is still a friend today. We met in 5th grade and became best friends instantly. It was heartbreaking when she and her family moved and we did not go to the same Junior High or High School. While we still remained friends, we did not see each other daily, as we once did. Well...we got older and moved on. I went to college, got married, then moved back East for a few years. We re- connected when I came back to Arizona and through Facebook have remained in contact.
When I finished this card, I knew exactly who I would be giving it to. It was made with care and has some special touches, but what I love about it, is it shows what friends will do for friends.
It appears Eleanor needed a reindeer and Pickles stepped in to help out a friend. He sure does not seem to mind, after all, that is what friends are for.
- Used Yellow cardstock for base of card
- Layered digi image on green and white sparkle paper from my stash
- Colored image with Artist Loft Pencils and Gamsol Blending solution
- Punched out snowflakes from silver glitter paper
- Added green poinsettia, gems on Elanor's glasses and pearls on Pickles color
- Add snow affect on top of houses using liquid applique
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
- Ends Dec 7 - Lacy Sunshine - #22 Anything Goes
- Ends Dec 12 - Delightful Challenges Your a Gem (Sponsor winner)
- Ends Dec 12 - Happy Campers - #24 Glitter
- Ends Dec 12 - DRS Designs - Glitter it up
- Ends Dec 12 - My Heart Pieces - Sparkle
- Ends Dec 11 - Fab N Funky - #196 Frost
- Ends Dec 11 - Scrappers Delight - #12 Sparkle
- Ends Dec 11 - Stampin Royalty - #205 Snowflakes
- Ends Dec 31 - Two Creative Chicks - Christmas Winter
- Ends Dec 9 - Created with Love - #69 Christmas
- Ends Dec 7 - Cutie Pie Challenge - #58 Cute Scene
- Ends Dec 31 - Scrapping Everyday - Christmas