For the Birds - STAMPlorations Spotlight post

Hello everyone! I am here to share with you my spotlight project for STAMPlorations.  The set I am featuring today is called For the Birds. 

This set comes with some great images as well as sentiments. It even has a matching die set to go along with it. 


For my design, I wanted to create a shadow behind my bird.  The silhouette stamps are perfect for this technique. 

So to begin, I found some designer paper that had a vintage/bird theme.I cut out a piece using my stitch die. I then cut out the bird using some music theme paper from the same paper set.



I stamped the silhouette bird directly onto the card stock.I then matted the die cut bird over the silhouette stamp slightly off center.  I wanted to make sure the stamped portion showed to give the illusion of a shadow. 



I then stamped my sentiment and matted the card stock onto some black card stock. This is a very easy technique but gives such great impact.


Don't forget to use STAMPGIRLMONICA to get 20% off over at STAMPlorations.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...