Altered Art Featurette - Part III

Hi everyone. I am back with my final post for my Altered Art Featurette.  This week I am sharing with you a Wedding Frame I created using a frame I found at a local thrift store.


A few weeks ago I found some vintage dominos at a used book store. I had seen other people alter these so I decided to give it a try.  The So Suzy Wedding Dress stamp and Groom stamp fit perfectly on these two dominos. Let me show you what I did.


I measured and cut out 4 pieces of card stock that matched my wedding theme. I distressed the edges using Walnut Stain Distressing ink. 


I cut out two pieces of script designer paper and stamped the paper using So Suzy Stamps Wedding Dress and Groom.  Once the ink was dry, I distressed the edges using Walnut stain and adhered them to the domino. I then added glossy accent and put aside to dry.


I stamped one of the squares using the Audrey Hepburn So Suzy stamp and another one with the Wedding dress stamp. I then adhered all 4 squares to the frame using mod podge.  I embellished the sentiment square using buttons and a metal key from Tim Holtz Idea-ology collection. 


I glued the wedding dress domino over the stamped Wedding Dress image and took care in matching up the swirls. I glued down the Groom stamp. I cut out and adhered the Wedding theme designer paper to create a cross on the front of the frame. 


To finish off the frame, I added a flower in the center, some pearls and two corner metal embellishments.

I was beyond thrilled with the way this frame turned out. I intentionally left two ofthe squares empty for the lucky person who ends up with this frame to add their own pictures.

I hope you have enjoyed my three week featurette and have inspired you to create some Altered Art of your own.






I would like to share my project with the following challenges:


5 comments:

  1. This creation is very elegant... love it!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft your Passion Challenge this week!
    Anna Dt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your altered frame is gorgeous. The person you decide to gift it to is going to be thrilled! Thank you for joining us over at The Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a beautiful altered frame! So elegant and a wonderful one of a kind handmade wedding gift! Thanks for playing The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is incredible! Thank you so much for joining us for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...