Bonjour

Hi everyone, I am here to share a couple of project I made inspired by this months challenge HAPPINESS IS... over at So Suzy Stamps


This is one of Suzy's signature stamps and she has created an entire line around this Happiness is theme. You can get to the entire series by clicking here:  HAPPINESS IS...

So many of the stamp sentiments work wonderfully with this stamp, but it also works well on its own.  I created this wall hanging with a Parisian theme.  One of my favorite places is Paris and it truly does bring me Happiness.

As you can see, I used the sentiment on it's own and the picture tells the story.


Now I typically am not a fan of powders or glitters, but I decided to give them a try.



I also made a matching card and used a couple of techniques. One new to me and one I have used in the past.  A few months ago my Mother-In-Law passed away and she left me an entire room of crafting items. She was also a Tim Holtz fan and in this stash I found some Perfect Pearls. I stamped the images using one of the Distressing inks she left me called Vintage Photo.

While the ink was still wet, I used a small paint brush to add the perfect pearls powder to the image. I chose a copper tone and I was amazed at how it added to the vintage look. It shimmered and really made this card look aged.

I added some washi tape to the top and used some more distressing inks the around the image to age it.  After I adhered it to my card stock, I stamped some postale images the sides and paper pieced the cushions on the seats.


Here is a closer look. I am not sure you can see the shimmer, but believe me it is there.  I will be sending this card to So Suzy's shop, so you will be able to see it first hand if you are local.


I used the Harlequin stencil for the background of this canvas. That seems to be my go to stencil these days! Also, the Eiffel tower I used is from another set I have, but you can find a fabulous Paris Section that would work fabulous for a Parisian theme'd card!

Thanks for stopping by!
For more fun and inspiration you an follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitter & Pinterest.


Items I used:

Stamps:
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Walnut Stain
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad, Vintage Photo

Tools:

Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool-with 2 Blending Foams


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Monica! Happiness is to say "bonjour" in Paris, LOL
    Hugs!
    Maria Pilar

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...