Happy Birthday Big Sis!

Today is my big sister's birthday! I wanted to share with you a card I made for her that I am really proud of. I got the idea from you guessed it...my friend T!m Holtz.


Part of his Idea-ology collection is a set of vintage portraits that are used for mixed media and collages that are called "Found Relatives". I thought to myself, I can find old portraits of my own relatives and use them on a card. This picture is me and my big sister. It is one of my favorites and I have it framed in my house.


I scanned it and shrunk it down to fit into the negative stamp. Many of the other elements are from Tim Holtz collections. They always work so well for my vintage style cards. The Sister sentiment is from A Piece of heart


The sentiment inside is my own creation. I wanted to tie it to some of the words on the front of the card. I think I did a pretty good job. 

What do you think? 


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


6 comments:

  1. Oh she'll have to love this! It's got such great vintage flair and is beautifully layered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage feel and all the little extras. So pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at CIO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great card, love the colours, idea and sentiment!
    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Loves Rubberstamps,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card! Love all the different elements you have used. Love that you have incorporated a photo that means so much to you. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant make!! I adore how you put all those different Tim things together and created a stunning collage! Bet your sis is going to love it! That photo is indeed adorable!! Thanks so much for adding it to our "Love is in the Air" challenge at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fabulous card Monica, I'm sure your sister will too.
    Thanks for sharing your talent at AVJ.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...