Path of Positivity - #12 Thoughtfulness
It doesn't take much to be thoughtful. We probably are thoughtful every day, small gestures like opening the door for someone, doing a favor, or just putting someone's feelings before our own. To me it takes more effort to be thoughtless. I guess it was just the way I was raised. But it seems like the younger generation is loosing some of these values. They are so absorbed in themselves that they sometimes become oblivious to their surroundings. I have a 17 year old son and he sometimes falls into this. I don't think it is intentional, but he does not think about how his actions can affect others. Simple things like putting dirty dishes away, taking out the trash when it is full, or helping out around the house.
As a parent, it is important to instill values into our children, and to be thoughtful is a value. As we get older we can appreciate how others feel and are more aware of our surroundings. Perhaps that is when thoughtfulness becomes second nature. I try to lead by example and sometimes by bad example on purpose so he can see how it feels when someone is thoughtless. I found my sentiment on line and had Lisa from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles whip up a sentiment. She is very thoughtful that way. It fit my card and the theme perfectly. Hopefully something my son can learn to live by.
Our sponsor this month is Pickled Potpourri. The image I got to work with is called "Today."
And here is my card:
We have some other amazing prizes offered up by our regular sponsors, for more details be sure to hop on over to Path of Positivity for all the "deets."
Here is a list of the wonderful prizes that will be offered up -
- Ten digital images from Creative Bug Digitals for the person out of the top seven who receives the most votes during voting week.
- Three digital images from Ike's World for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
- $7 gift certificate from Pickled Potpourri Designs, our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all eligible entrants.
- One digital designer paper from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
- One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles as well.
So let us know what thoughtfulness means to you.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges: