My Favorite Style - with a little Amor

Hey everyone, so Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. I need to get my cards mailed today or tomorrow to ensure they arrive on time. But I wanted to take a moment to share with you one of the cards I made this year. This is my favorite style. Being on the design teams, I don't get a lot of opportunity to create cards like this. The images I work with are very "cutesy" and don't always work with this style. I probably should find a challenge that focuses on vintage grunge, that would give me an incentive to regularly create cards such as this one.

The image was a freebie Graphic Fairy, along with the Love Ticket.  The sentiment is from the my set of Clear stamps from Fiskars called Lasting Love Quotes. I have used several from this set for my Valentine cards and they have been working out great. I have had the black flowers in my stash for over 6 months. I am glad I finally pulled them out and used them.



So here is what I used:

Paper

  • Recollections - script
  • Tan card stock for base of card
Die Cut
  • La-La Land Crafts Dies - Heart Doily
Embellishments
  • Flowers - Recollections
  • Clock - The Paper Studio - Spare Parts
  • Washi Tape - Butterflies - Recollections
  • Label - Paper Addiction 
  • Stash - Center of flowers
Have a great day!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Ends Feb 11 - Bearly Mine - Vintage Romance
Ends Feb 11 - Everybody Art  - Valentine
Ends Feb 11 - Oldie but Goodie - 6 mos old stash
Ends Feb 11 - Ribbon Carousel - Washi Tape
Ends Feb 11 - Shopping our stash - Love me Tender
Ends Feb 11 - Try it on Tuesday - Travel (Paris)
Ends Feb 11 - Digi Darla - Your Personal Style
Ends Feb 11 - Stamps & Fun - Vintage
Ends Feb 8 - Amusing Challenges - Doily
Ends Feb 8 - 613 Ave Create - Anything Goes 
Ends Feb 10 - TTCRD - Anything Goes
Ends Feb 16 - The Cheerful Stamp pad - #79 Love/Valentine



19 comments:

  1. Hi Monica
    I left a message on facebook but I thought I would leave one here to. Did we get images for Suzy Bee's Challenge if not can I use anything? Please email me at magic8@cox.net Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Love your design

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, smashing layout. Thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge, hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely card!! Love all the different layers and textures! Fab job!! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Monica! love that vintage style.
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card to share with us at an Oldie and I'm glad to see we did our bit in helping you relocate that flower! Great entry, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful technique - and a great eye for composition! Beautifully done. Scott & Martin at VintageImageCraft

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing at Bearly Mine Design Challenge. We wish you good luck and hope to see you again. Sylvia, DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by the front porch at 613 Avenue Create and leaving such a lovely card to share. This is beautiful and the sentiment on the inside is perfect for the card!

    Blessings and Hugs,
    Melissa M. - DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful vintage Card!
    Thanks for Sharing with us at SFC!
    Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Vintage Valentine's card! Thank you for joining us this month at Bearly-Mine Designs for the Vintage Romance challenge and good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Simona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really fantastic card.
    Thanks for joining us at our vintage challenge at Stamps & Fun = Creativity
    Hope to see you again,hugs and greetings
    Angela DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at TIOT! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So romantic, a fabulous card! Thank you for playing along with the Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely eclectic card with lots of montage elements - looks great. Thanks for sharing it with us at TioT. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing this lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 79: love/Valentine, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable!Thank you so much for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad!
    xoxo
    Karla B

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. http://traceyscountrycraft.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...