Sisters make the greatest friends

Sisters are Friends
I have 3 sisters. Two of them I grew up with and one, who I didn't know I had for many years, but met a couple of years ago. We all came from the same mother, but we couldn't be more different. My older sister (growing up) and I are very close in age. She was very athletic growing up and is a runner to this day. She was always the adventurous type, setting the back yard on fire, coming up with great imaginary games and creating the best barbie village with our albums. We did not get along too well in high school, as we were so different, but re connected once in college and today hold a unique relationship.

Now I put (growing up) in parenthesis, because as I mentioned, I have a sister I did not know about for several years. You would think not growing up in the same household that she would be very different from me. Well, she is. She lives in Kentucky, but surprisingly is a lot like me as well. So while nurture may have a lot to do with who you become, those genes definitely play their role as well.

Sisters are Friends
My youngest sister and I were very close growing up and to this day still are. It was great to always have a friend to play with, go places with and just hang out. We got along well and to this day, still do.

Having 3 sisters, there is always a need for a cards, so I make sure that I always have sister cards on hand. Whenever I find rubber stamps, stickers, or anything to do with sisters, I have to get them. I know at some point I will use these items. What is also great about these cards is you can make them as cutsie, funny or serious and they always work.



I think about my sisters daily, and talk to them regularly. Facebook has been such a great way to keep in contact. But I still like to send them handmade cards. My older sister says that she keeps them on her fridge, and my younger sister regularly asks me to make her cards to use throughout the year. Every year I make them a gift box of about 20 cards to use throughout the year. They look forward to this gift annually. These cards are just another way we have connected!

I entered my Sister cards in the following challenges:

 



1 comment:

  1. I love your sisters cards they are both fab. Thanks for playing along with the Emboss It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...