Tim's 12 tags of 2014 - September



I am here today to share with you my tag for Tim's 12 tags of 2014. When I saw the design this month, I was very excited because I knew that I had most of the tools/supplies necessary to play along with the theme. I even had the stamp (smaller version) and that rarely happens.



Now as Tim said, with this technique with the blending solution did not turn out exactly like I had imagined. When I ran my tag through the alcohol ink, my letters disappeared. So I put my stencil back on top of the tag, put some alcohol blending solution directly on my blending tool and dabbed away. This lightened up some of the color so that my stenciled letters were now visible.



The rest was pretty easy. I stamped my image, put on some of my remnant rubs. I did not have the exact ones Tim had, but this was about creativity, not duplication.


For my Butterflies, I used six of my alcohol inks, (listed below) and applied two tones of ink to the felt, added some blending solution, and dabbed away.


I used my butterfly punch from ek tools and punched away. This is becoming my favorite tool! I stamped the lettering on the butterflies after they were punched (Tim did it before) and it seamed to work just fine. You can see my green tissue paper underneath the butterflies that I am saving for another project (idea) I have.

Supplies:
  • Stampers Anonymous -Nature Walk Stamp Set
  • Remnant Rubs - Numbers
  • Idea-ology CHITCHAT VERBIAGES
  • Alcohol inks: Butterscotch, Red Pepper, Egg Plant, Stream, Meadow, Oregano, Cranberry
  • Alcohol Blending Solution
  • Recollections Stamp 
  • EK Tools Butterfly punch
  • Rayon Ribbon

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:



10 comments:

  1. This is freakin' cool Monica. So much ambition for a tag. Kudos to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful explosion of colour, fab tag Monica. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thanks for sharing at crafting from the heart , good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning tag Monica and that kaleidoscope of butterflies is gorgeous.

    Thanks so much for joining in at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an impressive design! Love that butterfly punch. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woaw this fireworks of butterflies is awesome!!! an explosion of colors and sweetness!
    Thank you for playing along at Love to Scrap! challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice tag.
    But it doesn't fit to our challenge at Anonymous Stamps. Because you have to use a image from Anonymous stamps. There for free. Maybe you have some time to make a new creation with on of our images.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant tags x
    Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Also just to let you know we are also having a DT call
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done this tag very well. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
    Kaia, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, stunning! Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...