Giving Thanks

It's the day before Thanksgiving, and all through the house...Well in my house, there is a lot of stirring going on. The stuffing is getting made, we make it from scratch, Pies are being baked, again from scratch and last minute ingredient inspection to ensure we have everything we need for the big day. Now I know that many of the grocery stores are open on Thanksgiving day, but I just hate having to run to the store for something I forgot.  There will be no card making for me today or tomorrow, too much to do. So I made sure that I completed this little cutey a few days ago.

The theme over at OSCO this week was giving thanks. Giving Thanks should not be limited to one day a year. There are so many things I am thankful for, and I count my blessings everyday. One thing I am very thankful for is finding this on line community of card challenges. I have really enjoyed making cards this year and playing along. I have even been able to sell a few of my handmade cards along the way over at Taylormade4u and at my Etsy Shop. These are two sites I opened this year and they have been a lot of fun.
I also became part of two design teams. I am thankful that I was given the chance to participate, even though I had never been on a DT before. So a big Thank You to everyone who has visited my blog this year, commented on my cards and allowing me to play in this big sandbox around the world. It has meant a lot to me.

This image is part of the Creative Bug Digital Collection "Girl Praying Giving Thanks." If you remember, she is the "freebie" over at the Creative Bug on the loose blog until December 2nd.


Thanksgiving Girl
The sentiment is from one of my Stampin up sets, but I think it works perfectly for this card. I didn't necessarily want to make a Thanksgiving card, but instead a card that symbolizes the giving of "Thanks", and I think I accomplished that with this card.
 Be safe on your travels, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday weekend!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:



15 comments:

  1. Your card turned out just lovely Monica. She looks so sweet nestled in amongst all those leaves. I also really like the sentiment you have used on your card. While we have already had our Thanksgiving here in Canada, I totally agree with you that it is important to not just focus on one particular day for giving thanks. We need to do so, every single day.

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful day tomorrow. Mmm, mmm..homemade pies and homemade stuffing yum, yum. Enjoy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I really like your image. Your sentiment is great too! Thanx so much for playing along with us at CC&CC. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute!! I love love love love the leaves! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute card and the image is adorable!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at QKR Stampede.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Hugs Mian
    QKR Stampede Design Team Member
    Mian's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LOVE this sweet card, Taylor. I would really love to have you stop by and share with us ANY time you can. Our challenges are always Anything Goes, and we offer some really AWESOME prizes every week. Our sponsors this week are My Craft Spot and Stamp Art by Kathryne. I hope you will join us!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card, the image is so cute, and done up beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week for "Give Thanks/Thanksgiving/Thankful."

    Karal QKR Stmpede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just precious! Thank you for sharing your post and your project with us at The Kraft Journal! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a Cute card. Love the image.

    Thanks for playing in our challenge!
    ♥ Carolyn
    DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that sentiment. It finishes off your beautiful card to perfection

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you for joining in at MIM, Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. Love the autumn hues.
    This is so perfect for our THANKFULNESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm back, this time with a DT hat on. I completely agree with you, giving thanks should not be limited to one day a year. Each and every day we should give thanks for the many blessings we have in our lives that we may not readily think of. I love that your project is a reflection of a grateful heart.

    Thank you so much for joining this month on the Path of Positivity. I'm so glad that you found my challenge blog. May you always be blessed and in turn be thankful for those blessings.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling card, Monica - and very cute sentiment with your dear little girl. Thank you for sharing about your two DTs and your life, too. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card. It is a wonderful card of thanksgiving. The sentiment is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...