12 tags of 2015 - July

Hi everyone and happy 4th of July! It was so nice to have the day off yesterday, which gave me time to work on this tag. Typically I am rushing at last minute to get this tag finished, but not this time. I will be able to get up uploaded over at Tim's 12 Tags of 2015 challenge blog for all to enjoy all month long, LOL!


Now before I tell you what I did, I confess that I did not have any of the stamps that Tim used on his tag. So I used his tag as inspiration. Hopefully you can see the similarity.



So I started out with my tag and covered it with some tissue paper. I then painted on some Gesso dull the color of the tissue paper.


Since I did not have the stamps, I used images from some of Tim Holtz' paper stacks. I colored the background of the water color paper using distress ink.



The USA is from some grunge board letters and I punch out the start.  


The star in the last panel is also from Tim's paper stack. I used a circle die cut around the star.  Finally I used my favorite distress ink Walnut Stain to edge all the sites of the tags, panels and star.  I added the large number 4 and some rub ons. To finish it off I used Distress ink to color the ribbon and added a metal embellishment. 


I have to say I really enjoy making these tags every month. I learn some great techniques while having fun along the way.

 My hubby was hanging out with me while I was making this and I had mentioned that I have never won any of Tim's challenges. He asked why not as my Tags are so nice. I explained that there are so many more talented people out there and his response was "I can't believe anyone's cards are better than yours." Now isn't that the best compliment ever?

Enjoy your 4th!

For more fun and inspiration you an follow me on FacebookInstagramTwitter & Pinterest.


1 comment:

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...