Creating Keepsake Cards


Hi everyone!

If you follow me, you know that I love creating vintage inspired cards. That is why I am so excited to share with you some fun and exciting news. I have been chosen to be part of the creative crew for Canvas Corp Brands. They carry the 7gypsies line which is one of my favorite products to work with.

The one year term begins in 2017, but I just couldn't hold back the news any longer.  To celebrate, I created this keepsake card using an old photo of my Mother-in-law Shirley.  She is on the left in this photo and is seated with her brother and sister on Santa's lap! While she is no longer with us, I think of her often.

She was a card maker well before I was and was the one who introduced me to Tim Holtz and got me started on my Vintage Card Making!  I miss her every day!


It is a wonderful photo and makes a great addition to this years holiday card.

To see how I made this card, click on the video below.






To begin, I scanned my photo and uploaded it to Pic Monkey. This is a program that allows me to touch up the photo.  The photo on it's own was very light due to the age of it. With a few minor adjustments, I was able to get a nice crisp photo.

My card base measures 5.5" x 5.5". I cut out a piece of cardstock from Carta Bella's Harlequin collection that measured just a few centimeters smaller than the card base.
I then cut out a piece of card stock from 7gypsies "Life is Good" collection that measured 4.25" x 5.5".

I distressed the edges using my distressing tool from the Tim Holtz Collecton and added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges using my blending tool.

I distressed one of the holiday flashcards and added some Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges.  I distressed my family photo with the distressing tool and added Walnut Stain Distress Ink to the edges as well.

From there, I adhered my flash card and vintage photo and wrapped some cord around the card stock.
I finished it up by adding a few stickers from Momenta and adhered it to my card base.



Using photos is an easy way to turn your holiday Christmas Cards into keepsakes and incorporating loved ones who may no longer be with us into our holiday celebrations!

Thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...