So Suzy Blog Leap...With Love...




In honor of Leap Year, the Design Team for So Suzy Stamps is having a "Blog Leap."  Now don't get scared off , a leap is pretty much like a hop...so I am sure you can handle it! LOL!!!

We are trying something new. You will be able to vote for your favorite DT card over at So Suzy Stamps blog. So don't forget to vote...for me of course! LOL!


Suzy pushed us out of our comfort zones for this "leap" so I decided to create a CAS card, which as you probably know, is totally NOT my style, but I gave it a shot. If you want to start at the beginning you can leap back to So Suzy Stamps.

If you have arrived from Shannon's link up, then you are in the right place. You have until March 3rd to leap through everyone's post. The winner will be announced on March 6th.

I love the simplicity of this stamp, which is called "Wedding Cake." It was the perfect size to fit into this ornate die cut frame.  I wanted the back to have some sort of highlight, so I used my new stenciling brushes to brush on some black soot distress ink. It is subtle, but gave it exactly the shadow affect I was looking for.

Your next leap is to Janis's blog.  Be sure that you are leaving a comment on every leap so that you can be eligible for the prize. And don't forget to vote for your favorite card go hopping over to the Voting page!

Have fun and thanks for stopping by!


23 comments:

  1. Love the background and embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know we're going to hold this over you forever, right? "Hey Monica, do CAS again! We know you can!" LOL It came out super cute, I love that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Love the embossing and adore the CLARITY brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful effects. Simple yet elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big fan of simple cards that are done well. Yes, this is one of them! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great looking card! You might not normally do CAS, but you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, such a cute card...I need to make three of these this year...Maybe I will CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job Monica, love the highlighting it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Monica you made clean and simple! Awesome! You did a great job even though it is so not your "thang".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card, lovely, elegant...I like die cut and embossing.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute little wedding card. Love the simplicity of the stamp and how it was stamped on an ornate mat and dimensionals and background shading were used to help make it pop. I also loved the embossed sentiment along the bottom and what appears to be a black and white patterned paper strip between the top and bottom of the card. This looks like a really simple to make card that is very cute but would make a fantastic card to create in bulk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Monica ~ I would call this a successful step outside of your comfort zone, to be sure. Love the subtlety of your use of the Black Soot Distress Ink....I'm a Distress Ink junkie!! Thanks so much for sharing, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it is very cute.. I love it. Good luck dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome Monica! I can't believe Suzy got you to make a CAS project! ^__^ I love the simplicity of this. You did a great job! *Hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...